Monday, November 4, 2013

Saturday is a special day, it's the day Galeshewe gets wasted!


Sawubona!

Ah man, I am super super crunched on time today... We're hiking Thaba Nchu mountain for zone activity, and we have to be at the Bloemfontein Chapel in...well technically about three minutes, so I'm gonna have to be brief! But as Shakespeare says, "Brevity is the soul of wit." Mrs. Cross would be SO proud of me!
Highlights of this week...remember Thokozani? Crazy investigator from last week? Man...we have a renewed faith in him! You know how every ward has to have that one super powerful person that's just a wee bit (well...a lot bit) out there? Elder Reeves and I both see that as Thokozani! We gave him a Book of Mormon Wednesday, and when he came to church Sunday he was already at 1 Nephi chapter 11! He's loco, but he's gonna be power. We asked people what they thought of him...and Khanyi, the one who fed us worms a couple Sundays ago, said "He's weird!!!" She eats WORMS and calls him weird! Anyway...super stoked to teach him again this week!
Thursday was Halloween, but it sure didn't feel like Halloween...nobody celebrates it here! So we bought a pumpkin at the store and carved it with the young men. And that's another thing...pumpkins aren't orange here...it was green! But we carved it anyway, and I think I was way more excited about it than the young men... But whatever, it was great! And then after all our appointments that day Elder Reeves and I celebrated with bottomless pizza at Panoratti's, or however the fetch you spell it...
Friday we had a meeting with Bishop Tshabalala, and he's calling a ward mission leader finally! Man...this ward has had some trouble getting on its feet and helping people to be friends with each other, but things are happening! There's a chance I leave Kimberley after this transfer in three weeks...but I'm hoping and praying everyday that I don't, because we have some GREAT ideas for the area! Kimberley's gonna be on FIRE once we're through with it!
Saturday we were planning on helping some people in their yard, and the guy we talked to is named Bongz... And his name gives a really really good idea of what was going on in the house when we got there. Everyone was drunk and smoking hookah...typical Saturday in Galeshewe. So we rescheduled for Wednesday when they'll be sober! After we got home I asked Elder Reeves if people like that would ever accept the gospel... He told me a group of people in Swazi did, and now they're serving missions. Also...look at the Sons of Mosiah! So it'll be tough...but possible with enough faith.
So no pictures this week because of the time crunch...but! I promise lots next week!
One more thing...I've decided once I'm in a Zulu speaking area, I'm learning the language and reading the Book of Mormon in Zulu. Watch out Satan, here I come!

Stay well, stay positive, love your life ladies and gents.

Much love,
Sharp sharp boss! 
(In the township, everyone calls white people "boss" and sharp is pronounced "shop" with the accent here...but it's just like a greeting)

No comments:

Post a Comment