Monday, April 14, 2014

We thank thee, o God, for allotment to feed us in these latter-days

Sawubona!

I dunno, maybe I'm the only one that does this, but do you ever listen to yourself or others while they're praying, and the way you word some things you're just like... What the heck? We're all trying to be respectful and stuff and then you end up saying things like, "We're thankful for the opporunity we had to partake of the breakfast," or, "We ask that thou might help us in the day, even that the Spirit may too much be with us." Ay... At least God knows we're not perfect. I'm assuming the Atonement covers grammar errors during prayer? If not I guess all I'm saying is I need to get ready for the Telestial Kingdom.

Ah man, I'd be lying if I said this week wasn't a litle rough, but I'd also be lying if I told you it's discouraging. When rough weeks come, you just gotta grab life by the horns and move forward! Because between all the appointments that bunked this week, we had some powerful lessons. We're teaching a brother named Kindo right now who is so stoked to be baptized. He's from Cote D'Ivoire and he speaks French and he is a total stud. He told us this week he wanted to be baptized on May 22 instead of May 4 so that he could turn that into a positive memory instead of a negative memory from his past he associates with May 22. Let's hear it for positivity!

The work is going great though. Elder Marumo is the bomb. He's a native South African, and his home in JoBurg is only like three hours away. So kinda like if I was serving just a little south of Provo, that's how close he is. Like, if I decided one day to tap out of mission, I'd have to hop on a plane for a couple days. For him, all he'd have to do is hope on a bus at lunch and he'd be back in time for dinner. Don't worry though, neither of us are even thinking about coming home anytime soon! The work of salvation is far too important/awesome/lekker/other positive words. We're excited to do some finding this week on top of zone conference, teaching, and all the other stuff missionaries do. Hurrah for Israel!

A couple funny stories from this week... We cleaned out a fish pond for Sister Kerry. It was straight green before, and after three hours of emptying and scrubbing it, it was at least a see through green. The electricity has been out at the chapel a good portion of the week, including Sunday, so we had a sacrament meeting just as it would have been done in the meridian of time. Accapella! Or however you spell it... It's almost a full moon, so I was trying to explain True Aggie-ing to Elder Marumo. I don't think he quite understood it, but that's ok... Looking at it, that's probably a super weird tradition to someone outside Utah. 

Should be slaughtering a chicken too, but then again it also should have happened Friday and Saturday too... If it does, expect pictures next week. Until then, stay positive and love your lives my friends.

Sala kahle,

Umdala Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment