Monday, August 19, 2013

Walk into the church like WHAT UP I wrote a big talk


Sawubona!
So you know how they say you can have too much of a good thing? Not so with the Cadbury Lunch Bar. It's essentially a Kit Kat center with Crunch Bar, Snickers, and Twix wrapped around it and it is absolutely heavenly. The way things are going there's gonna be a whole lot more of me to love when I get home.

This week has been night and day difference from last week. So powerful! I think the highlight of the week has been an investigator named Vusi. He's stellar. And the crazy thing is, we've hardly had to teach him which NEVER happens. We leave him a pamphlet and we'll show up to his place the next day and he'll have us quiz him down on it. And he knows the answers as well! Holy cow...so Friday we gave him a Book of Mormon and he couldn't have been happier. He said something along the lines of finally having it in his hands brought him so much joy. I feel the spirit so strongly when we teach him.
Wednesday was Elder Kruger's birthday so we tried to celebrate as much as we could, but it was kind of hard considering allotment wasn't in yet and we had hardly any food at the boarding. But! The Carliles had given him a cake a couple days before, so we celebrated with that. It was nice.
I swear all the missionaries here are an a mission to convince me that witchcraft is real. If anyone has any ideas for pranks I could pull on the believers, let me know please :)
But man...this week was a good one. I think this was the first week I finally really felt like I was a missionary. Lessons are starting to flow a lot easier. Elder Kruger and I are working together better. My face is getting used to having to be shaved way more often than I did back home. It's good. But this is probably gonna sound really bizarre... I miss being crazy tired. Here, I'm averaging 9-10 hours of sleep a night. Back home was probably 5 or 6. I dunno what it is, but I miss that. I just have a craving to be busy I guess. We're not supposed to schedule appointments after 7 since it's dark by then and it's not as safe to be out. So a lot of the time we'll be in our boarding after that without anything to do. I'm just so used to constantly having homework or other things to do, but we get home and there's nothing! So a lot of the time I either play guitar for a while or just go to sleep. Usually the latter.
Anyway, Sunday was spectacular. We were going to walk to church with a less active family, so we woke up at 5:30 to be ready at their place at 6:45, but we got there and the daughter was sick, so we went back to the boarding and slept until church started. I think that's the first official nap I've taken on my mission. But we got to church and Bishop Tshabalala asked us if we could give quick talks since they needed another speaker. So we both whipped something up real quick and spoke in sacrament meeting. For having ten minutes to prepare, it wasn't bad.

We had lunch at the Seditis a little later. Their dog has always freaked me out because it's fetching huge. I came to find out yesterday that it's name is Hitler, which is completely fitting in every way. We had an appointment with Vusi again later and he fed us as well. It's either we don't get fed, or we get fed way to much... There's never an in between. But it's good either way :)
Random thoughts:
- Name your first two sons Laman and Lemuel and your third Nephi. Let me know how that turns out.
- Never take for granted things like Club Chev or Beto's. I would kill for a giant greasy breakfast burrito.
Stay positive, love your lives my family and friends.
Elder D. Sterling Johnson (that's what my name will be when I'm an apostle)

No comments:

Post a Comment